This TWRP 3.0 Custom Touch Recovery is for the International Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F/FD/X, and Canadian SM-G935W8 Exynos Edge models only! Do not flash on regular Samsung Galaxy S7 or Qualcomm models! For Galaxy S7 SM-G930F please follow this guide.
WARNING #1: Flashing a custom recovery to your device will trip the Knox warranty bit on your phone. Check with your mobile provider to see if they will still cover warranty on Knox bit triggered devices. If you understand this risk, continue on. You generally don’t have to worry, as it’s incredibly hard to brick a Samsung device, and physical damage warranties should be exempt from Knox triggering.
WARNING #2: The Galaxy S7 stock boot image has dm-verity, which prevents you from booting if you swipe to enable system modifications! SOLUTION: Follow the full rooting steps below, in order, to allow system modifications without the risk of a boot loop!
WHAT IS TWRP?
Oh come on, you know what it is – don’t try to fool me! In case you’re serious, though… Team Win Recovery Project is a custom recovery for Android devices. It allows you to back up and restore your data, flash custom ROMs to your device, repair broken file systems, and root your device.
DOWNLOAD TWRP For Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F (hero2lte)
There is a download link there, as well as instructions on how to flash it.
I highly recommend using Odin to flash when possible. You can Download Odin For Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and Galaxy S7 Edge Drivers.
FULL STEPS FOR OBTAINING ROOT. – .You Can also try CF-Auto-Root For Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F.
- In your ROM, go to Settings -> About device. Tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options.
- Now go to Settings -> Developer options. (above About device)
You need to enable OEM unlock, otherwise you might end up with boot problems or be unable to flash later on.
- Extract Odin_3.10.7.zip to your computer.
- Install Samsung Mobile Phone Drivers for Odin to find your device.
- Download a .tar image of TWRP for hero2lte. (Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F)
- Reboot your device into Download mode. To do this, select reboot from the power menu and hold the [Volume Down] + [Home] buttons while your device reboots.
Once you reach the Download mode warning screen, press [Volume Up] to continue.
- Open Odin and place that tar.md5 in the [AP] slot without touching any other options, then press [Start].
- Hold [Volume Up] + [Home] buttons near the end of the flash, and keep holding them until you are in recovery.
- Go to [Wipe] -> [Format Data] (not advanced wipe) -> type “yes”.
WARNING: This will wipe your internal storage, disable encryption, and factory reset your phone!
- Go to [Reboot] -> [Recovery].
- If you want to be rooted with SuperSU:
Download the latest SuperSU by Chainfire.
Without exiting TWRP, transfer the SuperSU zip to your device over MTP* and flash it using [Install] in TWRP.If you only want a bootable system partition or writable data in TWRP:
Download dm-verity and force encryption disabler.
Without exiting TWRP, transfer no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip to your device over MTP* and flash it using [Install] in TWRP.
- Go to [Reboot] -> [System].
- Wait 5-15 minutes for your device to finish setting itself up.
* MTP, known as Media Transfer Protocol, is the same way you transfer files from your PC to your device when booted into system.
- v3.0.0-0 (twrp.me) – Disabled backup/restore of modem partition (must be signed and flashed in Odin)
- v3.0.0-1 – Add /sys/pstore support for ram console / last kmsg (allows debugging system kernels)
- v3.0.0-0 – Initialize new device tree based on Samsung OSRC G935FXXU1APAW kernel.
- MTP support
- USB Mass Storage support
- Micro SDcard and USB OTG storage support
- f2fs file system support (read, write, format, backup & restore)
- exFAT file system support (read, write, format, backup & restore)
- NTFS file system support (read, write, format)
- ADB root
- /sys/fs/pstore ram console log support for debugging custom kernels
- Full SELinux support
- Built in android 6.0 tree
- Samsung encryption is not supported yet in TWRP 3.0.0